About the award: The Sanctuary Scholarship scheme enables individuals seeking asylum and refugees who are not able access student finance to study at the University of Exeter.
Application Deadline: 17th May 2019
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Field of Study: Sanctuary Scholarship applications will be considered from students applying to the following programmes:
- Full-time undergraduate degree programmes
- Full-time Doctorate level programmes (eg PhD, EngD,EdD)
The following programmes are not eligible for Sanctuary Scholarship funding:
- BMBS Medicine – this is due to a cap imposed by the NHS on the number of home students we can recruit to the programme. Any change to the fee status of a student during their studies would put the University in breach of this cap
- Any taught or research Masters programmes (eg MA, MSc, MPhil, MbyRes)
Type: Undergraduates and Post-graduates.
Eligibility: As well as meeting the academic requirements for your chosen programme of study you will also need to demonstrate that:
- You have submitted a claim for asylum within the UK and are awaiting a response (this includes submission of a fresh claim) or
- You have Limited Leave to Remain (formerly Discretionary Leave to Remain) in the UK and are not eligible for funding via Student Finance England or
- You have been awarded ‘Humanitarian Protection’ or Refugee status in the UK but are not eligible for funding via Student Finance England or
- You have left care in the UK and are assessed as international for tuition fee purposes and are not eligible for funding via Student Finance England or
- (For applicants to postgraduate research programmes only) You have been granted refugee status* by the UK Home Office or
- You are the family member of someone with one of the immigration statuses listed above with ‘in line’ or ‘dependent’ status
Duration of Scholarship: per year
Value: Full tuition fee waiver plus annual living cost grant
How to Apply: Contact Jim Price (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To Apply, click the link below.